We seek a volunteer with GIS experience who can support a few of our current projects and ongoing work. Specifically, the volunteer would help us accomplish the following:
- Generate and refine watershed-based lists of agricultural landowners that will be targeted and invited to a pilot Wetlands in Working Landscapes Workshop.
- Create a series of maps and acquire historic aerial photos that show wetland and watershed conditions of the sites that will be toured during the workshop.
- Upload data and create maps that support the development of wetland management plans.
- Collect and archive geodata, including LiDAR, which will support field work and the delivery of technical assistance to communities.
- Support WWA in building our GIS capacity.
We think the above tasks could take ~3-5hrs/week through September, and potentially beyond, pending project needs, availability, etc. We’re very flexible in mapping out a schedule that aligns with other personal, academic, or work responsibilities. Additionally, some of the above tasks could certainly be taken on remotely.
This volunteer opportunity will provide valuable experience and offer insights into our wetland conservation work. Please contact Kyle Magyera at email@example.com if you’re interested — and include a resume and brief summary of your GIS experience.