For reasons outside of Wisconsin Wetlands Association’s control, we have had to make a last-minute change in venue for the 2018 Wetland Science Conference. The conference will still be held February 20-22, 2018—but at a new location: the Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. We are working hard to minimize any changes to the conference program because of this location change and are looking forward to another great Wetland Science Conference.
Why are we having to make this last-minute change?
The Olympia Resort in Oconomowoc, the original venue for this conference, has notified us that they will cease operations and close their doors January 31st. We booked a new venue within six hours of being notified of the closing and are hard at work so that the conference goes on as scheduled. Obviously we regret having to make the change, but we had no other option.
How might this affect you?
- If you have already made hotel reservations at the Olympia Resort: We are working with them to make sure that you will receive a full and complete refund for any deposit or payment you made towards your reservation. We will also be in touch with you individually to make sure that the Olympia Resort staff hold to their promise. You will need to make new hotel reservations at the Grand Geneva; we have negotiated a special discounted rate for hotel rooms that is only slightly higher than the rates offered by the Olympia Resort, and the Grand Geneva rooms are much nicer.
- If you have already registered for the conference: We will be in touch with you individually to confirm that you still are interested in attending and to discuss any possible changes to the meals you requested when you registered resulting from our venue change. We will issue full refunds to any registrants who cannot or chose not to attend the conference because of the venue change.
- If you are a presenter, facilitator, moderator, or field trip leader: We will be in touch with you individually to confirm that you are still able to participate in the conference.
- If you have not yet registered for the conference but plan to attend: We are extending the Early Bird registration deadline to January 26th. Register here.
- If your company or organization is a sponsor of the conference: We have space to accommodate every exhibitor who has already signed up. We will be in touch with your sponsorship contact person to confirm that you are still able to attend.
In the coming week, we will be doing extensive outreach via phone, email, and social media to get the word out to as many people as possible about this unfortunate last-minute venue change. We ask for your patience if you receive multiple copies of this announcement in our effort to get the word out quickly. We also ask for your help by spreading the word about this venue change to your colleagues and friends who are or may be attending.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or 608-250-9971.
We apologize for this inconvenience and ask for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you at another great Wetland Science Conference.