Take the Next Step
Interested in learning more and taking the next steps to protect and care for wetlands? Below are some suggestions of actions you might take whether you are a wetland landowner, a community group, or a wetland enthusiast wanting to make a difference for wetlands.
- Share videos with friends and neighbors
- Share videos with your local association (e.g. neighborhood association, lake association)
- Spend time getting to know your wetland better
- Visit the “For Landowners” pages on WWA’s website for information and resources
- Order WWA’s My Healthy Wetland handbook for wetland owners
- Subscribe to WWA’s My Healthy Wetland quarterly email newsletter
- Talk with your neighbors about their land and what they’re doing to care for it
- Contact WWA for more information, including about other groups that are available to help you.
Community groups & wetland enthusiasts
- Share the videos with friends and family
- Share the videos with your local elected officials and decision-makers such as conservation committees, park boards, plan commissions
- Share the videos with civic groups in their community (e.g., Rotary clubs)
- Promote and use the videos at community meetings, events, etc.
- Get your local access cable channel to run the videos
- Start a conversation with your local officials about how wetlands can help provide solutions to flooding and water quality issues
- Learn more about own watershed by visiting WetlandsByDesign.org
- Subscribe to WWA’s Wetland News email
- Support groups and organizations working for wetlands, including WWA
Become a Member
Share the Videos
Special thanks to our project funders: